Saturday, December 5, 2015

Advent - Day 5

Jesus - Root of David

Revelation 22:16


KJV -  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

NLT - I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this message for the churches. I am both the source of David and the heir to his throne.[a] I am the bright morning star.



ῥίζα - rhē'-zä

A Primary Word:  that which like a root springs from a root, a sprout, shoot

This word is also used in this context in Isaiah 11:10. The Greek version reads - 
In that day the heir to David’s throne [literally the root of Jessewill come, / and he will rule over the Gentiles. / They will place their hopes on him. Compare Rom 15:12.

Who do you choose to place your hope in today?