Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Prayer - Day 12


KJV - In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

NLT - But in my distress I cried out to the Lord;
    yes, I prayed to my God for help.
He heard me from his sanctuary;
    my cry to him reached his ears.



I called...He heard

I remember the first time I really let go and let God...and it was gut-wrenching good. It isn't in my nature to give up control. I'm an old-school, work-hard, pull-up-your-boots-and-muck-yourself-out-of-the-mess kind of girl. I don't like to share my problems, because, deep down, I think it makes me look like my life is spinning out of control. Which it does sometimes. Sigh. This verse is my reminder I am supposed to release the reins and let Him show me the way.

Have you ever just given up, and cried out to the LORD? Shouted to Him in distress? Maybe it wasn't even a life-or-death situation. Perhaps you just couldn't take this world any longer, everything it's thrown at you...the people, the job, the friends, the family, the money, the no money, the utter meanness all over the world...and you simply gave up and cried out,
'LORD, why?
Why me? Why is this happening? It's unfair.
WHY ARE YOU ALLOWING THIS TO TAKE PLACE?' 

If you've been in that moment, then you know what I am about to type is true. When you give it all up, and cry out to Him, HE HEARS YOU. Wring yourself out from all the distress, cry out, even shout it out to Him. 

He so desires you to give it all up. Let Him take care of it. In all honesty, the situation probably won't immediately change...
but you will. 

Allow Him to listen to your problems, your issues, your anger. Allow Him to comfort you. 

What does this verse speak to you?