Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Praying the Scriptures for Your Adult Children - Book Review

As my second child recently turned eighteen and my oldest is nearing twenty in another month, I've found my prayers changing for them. I also realize I'm more perplexed in what to, or even how, to best pray for them as they enter this new season of life. 

Thankfully, Jodie Berndt, has taken the time to write what I consider a field-guide to praying for my older children. While I've yet to experience all the situations outlined in each chapter, I'm glad to know I can simply flip the pages to one of the thoughtfully-arranged chapters, if we reach a common dilemma our adult children might face. I especially like each section begins with a bible verse to help remind me to return to scripture before praying.

I appreciated so many people contributed their not-so-perfect family stories for Mrs. Berndt to share. These are not meant to air their 'dirty laundry,' but to humbly show what God can do when we give our childrens' lives to him. Overall, this book is thoughtful, articulate, inspiring, but most of all practical. If you're at a loss for how to lift your adult child to Him, I recommend you grab a copy of "Praying the Scriptures for Your Adult Children."


Disclosure:  I was given the opportunity to review "Praying the Scriptures for Your Adult Children," receiving a copy from Handlebar Publishing. I have not been monetarily compensated, nor am I required to write a positive review. Views expressed are my own.