Saturday, January 3, 2015

In the Midst

As I was reading this morning, the phrase "in the midst" leapt off the page at me. I did a quick search, and found it was used over 300 times in the Bible (1499 GNV).

"In the midst" means in the middle, or centered.

  • From the beginning, God was in the midst.


Genesis 2:9 ~ ...the tree of life in the midst of the garden...

  • During His time on earth, Jesus told us He was in the midst:


Matthew 18:20 ~ For where two or three are gathered together in my Name, 
there am I in the midst of them.

  • And at His crucifixion, He was in the midst:


Matthew 27:38 ~ ...here were two thieves crucified with Him, 
one on the right hand, and another on the left...

When all the chaos of this world is swirling around me, and I'm caught up in it,

I only need to be still...take a breath...cry out to Him.

In the raging moments...He will quiet my spirit...

He is in the center...in the middle of my storms...

I can always find Him...


In The Midst