Friday, September 11, 2015

We Are Still Standing

My patriot heart squeezes tight today as I remember.


Men & women became instant heroes before my eyes on the screen of my tiny television...watching in a back room so my babies could not view terror unfolding. I know I will shed a few tears today as we honor the souls of 9/11.

I didn't want to send my kids to school today. There have been local threats posted on social media. Officials say the threats are innocuous. I know I have no control over their days on this earth; however, my Momma-heart stirs. Little palpitations of worry. I refuse to live in fear. That would make the terrorists the winners, wouldn't it? I sent them on their way, giving them an extra hug & kiss today. 

I believe in God's plan for us. I believe He uses all things...even the bad experiences...for the good of His glory. I don't understand it, but I faithfully cling to this truth. I rise up against the evil one, who would love nothing more than for me shrink back and give in to the frightening whispers of terror. 

I choose to stand firm, armed with Truth, as I remember that day with my family, my friends, my nation.



Fourteen years may have passed, but WE WILL NEVER FORGET.


Our flags may be lowered, but they are still waving.




(¯`·..· WE ARE STILL STANDING ·..·´¯)

5 comments:

  1. Larry entrust our children to God ..
    No one should live in bad times..
    happy days..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, friend!
      We were not promised an easy life when we accepted Christ.
      We were promised eternal life.
      Yes, entrusting us all to God in His Wisdom. Whatever happens, may it be for His glory.

      Delete
    2. God is a friend
      stay with love.
      just me. https://instagram.com/ayslklyc/

      Delete
    3. Thanks for sharing your instagram page.
      I don't use instagram; however, you are welcome to keep in touch via email.
      seamsinspired at charter dot net

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your thoughts!
Please leave a relevant comment and keep it clean!
My kids might read this one day. ツ