Friday, June 10, 2016

Want


Visit all the FMF writers
via Kate Motaung's site.


Saw a link to Five Minute Friday & decided to give it a try. 

The rules:  Use the prompt,
set a timer, 
write 5 minutes,
post what you wrote.

Today's prompt is "Want." 
Here goes!





Begin...

Want...we use this word a lot around our home. 
My teens are always in want of something. 
They want the latest shoes, clothes, phones.
They want food...all the time, it seems. 

And I want, too.

I want them to be healthy, happy, friendly.
I want them to feel loved.
Oh, I want things for me.
I want a new dress, a cute pair of comfortable shoes.
I really want the laundry done and the house to stay clean.
But most of all, I want to feel wanted.

I need to feel wanted.

My life revolves around their wants.
My life is based on their wants.
I want to fill the needs of their desires. 
I want to create a home so filled with love, they want to come back when they inevitably find the want to leave it permanently some day. 

I sometimes worry about when they're all gone.

How am I going to fill the need of being wanted?
How will I pursue my days? 
For now, I'll simply enjoy the role I've been given and the season in which I'm living. 

It's good to be wanted.

...Time's up!

What do you want?

PS...I didn't edit the words of my writing, though I did pretty it up a bit with bold & italics. The Type-A in me couldn't resist! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Larri. Although my children are fully functioning adults now, I still remember how life with teens (especially sons) can feel like a non-stop feeding/washing/cleaning machine. You definitely know you are wanted! Our children will always need their parents in one way or another, even if the manner of our giving, loving and caring will be a little different as years go by.
    You touch on a universal need to be wanted, loved, cherished and accepted. Thankfully, that need is completely met in relationship with God. He alone can provide the deep soul solace and comfort we require. And we can trust Him to gradually reveal the way ahead as we surrender the future to His loving hands. I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for you to nurture and care for others once your family are less dependent on you. Blessed to meet you and be your neighbour at the #FMF link up. Don't worry too much about correcting a typo, tidying up a bit of prose or going over time. There is grace for all of that, says this type A woman! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hands are in the air and I'm shouting out a resounding, 'Amen!' to your comment, Joy. :) Thank you for the reminder of Whom I truly serve. And thanks for stopping by my little blog. Happy Weekend!

      Delete
  2. I wondered for years how I would handle the stage of life that comes when the children leave home. Now, I'm there and it is in some ways maybe freeing, but in others it is very scary. All I've ever known is to be a mama and, although I knew it would happen some day, I never planned for them to grow and go. My heart had them here for forever. One son has been in the Navy for 12 years and the other one has been a US Marine for two years now. Our girls are in colleges away from home. Most of the time it is just David, me, and the grand-puppies, and an ever-changing array of kitties outside the house.

    I know how it feels to want to feel wanted. Even more than wanted, sometimes, is the need to feel needed. It seems sometimes all of our worth is wrapped up in these little people that we bring into this world and when they are gone, we're lost wondering what to do now.

    Sorry to ramble on. As you can tell, I haven't adjusted to this whole empty nest thing yet. :)

    Enjoy this time with them as long as you can! {{{Hugs}}}

    Thanks for commenting on my blog PS Annie! Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't recognize any rambling. :) I appreciate your input, Suzanne.
      Glad to know I'm in good company trying to figure out the next steps; and truly glad we have a God Who has it already figured out for us! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Weekend!

      Delete

I would love to read your thoughts!
Please leave a relevant comment and keep it clean!
My kids might read this one day. ツ