Thursday, January 28, 2016

Prayer - Day 28


KJV -  Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.

NLT -  But each day the Lord pours his unfailing love upon me,
    and through each night I sing his songs, praying to God who gives me life.



My Prayer to the God of My Life

SIDENOTE:  So, perhaps you see yesterday's verse is missing. Umm...yeah. Life got in the way, and due to extreme busyness, a post wasn't written. Seriously, my day began earlier than I care to share, and ended late, late, late. The verse was  Matthew 21:22 if you'd like to go study it for yourself. I love how God works in my life, and keeps reminding me how much I need Him. This verse from Psalms today soothes my spirit.

It's easy to praise God when everything in life seems to fall into place. You're so happy because all your planets are aligned, ducks are in a row, and even the birds are chirping a joyful tune outside your window. Who wouldn't want to praise God for days like that? 

Well, what about when you are overwhelmed? Forget aligned planets. Those ducks have quacked themselves so far out of their rows, there's no chance of returning them to order any time soon. And the birds? What is that noisy cackle?!? How do we turn THAT kind of mess into praise? 

It begins with grounding ourselves in prayer.


The author of this Psalm well understood the importance of turning it all back over to God, and we should, too. God, in His supreme benevolence, keeps pouring out His love on us. Day and night, His love and grace flows over and around us. 

If your life is messy, God is waiting with a mop to sop up the spills of your heart. Flood the floors of your spirit and give Him the opportunity to wipe away your tears. He will then begin to fill up your heart tank, so it may again overflow with the song of love to share with others. 

When all is right in your world, praise Him. Let the laughter of your heart reach His ears. Whoop it up with a joyful noise. That praise is contagious. People around you will desire that joyful contentment you exude. You'll be given the perfect opportunity to tell them WHO has made your heart full of joy. 


Just for today, try it:  RELY on GOD. 


  • Lean into Him to help you through the rough spots.
  • Raise hands to Him to praise Him for all the good. 



Good day or better day, 
make today your best day by giving it over to Him.
He is waiting.


What does this verse speak to you?