Thursday, January 14, 2016

Prayer - Day 14


KJV -  But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

NLT - But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind.



Ask in faith

I have a note scribbled in the margins of my Bible at the beginning of the book of James,
-- Untested Faith is Unreliable -- 
How do you know kind of faith you have unless it is tested?
This verse really speaks to my heart. I have to mull the problems that come up in life over and over, trying best to figure out how to solve them; however, I don't think this is the double-mindedness of which James is telling us. 

I think he's talking about our spirits, our souls, and doubting whether or not God will take care of our needs. I think he wants us to understand we are to rely on God and not ourselves.

πίστις

pistis - is the Greek word James uses to describe faith. It is a conviction of the truth of anything, specifically belief with the predominate idea of trust or confidence in God or in Christ.

So the questions I pose to you today... 

Are you truly trusting in God? 
Do you have confidence in Him to meet your needs today? 
Have you allowed your faith to be tested to know how strong it is? 
Ask Him today.
 Don't waver.
Trust Him. 
He is waiting for you.


What does this verse speak to you?